onsdag 10. august 2011

Who am I?

Outside the temple of Apollo in Delphi (also known as the Oracle of Delphi) is the ancient greek aphorism; "Know thyself". By that, the greek probably meant "know your destiny, and do not try to flee from it or grow out of it". Whether the destiny is able to define who you are as a person, or whether it excists at all I will have to let you decide. Until then, I can give you some hard facts about the writer of this blog:

My name is Cathrine and I am a nineteen years old girl from Oslo, Norway. When I went to primary school, some bullies gave me the nickname "catastrophe". Little did I know that precisely that nickname was the origin of what I, a few year later, would be known as amonst most friends; "Catta". Because I feel as attached to the nickname "Catta" as the donkey Eeyore is to his tail, I decided to use that nickname on this blog.

I have to admit, though, that I am not entirely new in bloging. I have been bloging for four years and some months, but decided recently that I needed a change of scene, and decided therefore to create a new blog and continue precisely as before. However, this blog will differ from the old in one crucial way: In the spring of 2007, I was involved in a serious car accident, resulting in a fatal brain concussion. Not long after the accident I created a blog to keep friends and family updated on my progresses. In the beginning I advanced rapidly forward in a short space of time, but I have now reached a point where my progress cannot be measured just as easily, so I therefore decided to give up the whole concept of having a blog where I, in the end, would be completely healed. I will speak more about the accident later on, and I am afraid that it probably will colour some of the posts on this blog. I will, however, not accept that it takes over the whole blog as I felt it did with my old one.

When that is said, I feel like I ought to give out ten quick facts about the writer of this blog to give you an idea of what to expect in future posts, so here we go.

  1. I have to use one more year at the norwegian high school (year 11-13) because of the injury I got in the car accident. If everything goes after my plan, I will be done after this year (2011/2012). I am also still living at home with my parents because of the accident. 
  2. I love animals, and have quite a few animals in my life which will show up in this blog. The most regular will be our own animals and a couple of horses I groom at a local stable. I will post a blog about them later. 
  3. Photography is a huge hobby of mine, and I will probably post a few of my pictures out here.
  4. I am very facinated by psychology, history, science, philosophy, and linguistics (particularily words of latin or greek origin). 
  5. Books is a huge passion of mine. I enjoy both books filled with facts, fiction (or both). When I hold a book, it feels like I have a huge secret in my hands, waiting to unfold. 
  6. Harry Potter meant a lot to my childhood, and I still catch myself opening the books to read my favorite parts from the books. 
  7. My favorite destinations in the world are Isle of Wight (England), Greece, London, Fredrikstad (Norway) and France. All for individual reasons, and I suppose the list will keep on growing if I visit more places. To visit Australia and explore wildlife over there has been a childhood-dream ever since I watched Steeve Irwin's show from the age of eight. 
  8. I am not entirely sure what I will study later on. I am, however, thinking about psychology, as it is a huge interest of mine. 
  9. I love being with friends. I will try to avoid another silly cliché, but I am very grateful for having my friends.
  10. I love food. My favorite food is tacos, but I also love grilled chicken, food made by barbecuing, fish (especially smoked "river cobler"), risotto, spring roles and much, much more. 
As an end to this post I would like to share a picture of our dog, Molly, and me. 


Please, feel free to leave a comment with feedback, questions or whatever you feel like.

- Catta

1 kommentar: